To Donate to the DCWF scroll down and choose a project.
How Our Projects Make a Difference.
The dynamic partnerships established by the Deep Creek Watershed Foundation keep expanding to pay for the increased sustainability of the Deep Creek Watershed.
- Fish, frogs and vegetation in the streams and in Deep Creek Lake can live because acid mine drainage from the Cherry Creek mine and other mines is neutralized in the watershed.
- Farmers can keep animal waste away from the streams in the watershed by using government-recommended fencing patterns.
- Brookfield Renewable Power can use new lake-level predictions to anticipate drought conditions more accurately, and time its releases of water through the Deep Creek Lake dam in a way that benefits everyone in the watershed.
- The Maryland Department of Natural Resources can see the success of its boat-cleansing precautions, and determine if there is a need for more intensive action to keep destructive Zebra Mussels out of Deep Creek Lake.
- The University of Maryland Extension Service can reach broader audiences to demonstrate the consequences of stormwater runoff from private property, and the use of rain gardens to effectively use showers to nurture flowers and plants, and prevent erosion.
Current Projects In Need of Donations
Deep Creek Watershed Foundation Board members have been talking with homeowner associations and other groups about the work of the Foundation, and asking about projects that the Foundation might consider funding.
If you have a group that wants us to visit and present our information, and have us hear your suggestions for projects we might fund in the future, please let us know by contacting us.